As part of My Destination: Graduation, Title III funding support the implementation of a Culturally Responsive Teaching Course, called ‘Teaching Inclusively.” The emphasis of Teaching Inclusively course will help faculty and part-time instructors to develop materials and strategies for ensuring that their classrooms are inclusive and engage all students, especially, students of color.
- Summarize vocabulary, conceptual knowledge, skills, attitudes, and effective techniques directed at enhancing respect for diversity as they relate to an educator's working knowledge.
- Analyze NWTC's plans, policies, and support services that impact diverse populations.
- Assess academic and workplace culture and bias.
- Design Strategies for managing and resolving conflict in a multi-cultural environment.
- Develop techniques for creating an inclusive and effective learning environment that meets the needs of diverse populations.
- Formulate approaches to integrate respect for cultural diversity into curriculum and instructional design and delivery.