Areas of Inquiry
Overall Perceptions of Campus, Community and Classroom - Questions in this section will ask that you rate your experiences and/or observations on a scale from Welcoming to Least Welcoming as it pertain to age, sex, race, ethnicity, religion, socioeconomic status, etc.
- Academic and Campus Life - Questions in this section will ask that you indicate your level of agreement as they relate to engagement.
- Classroom Engagement
- Staff Engagement - (Non-Instructors: e.g. Academic Advisors, Recruiters, Counselors, Department support, Enrollment Support, Career Coaches, etc.)
- Academic Engagement
- Campus Engagement - (Day to Day Interactions on Campus)
- Harassment and Discrimination - Question will ask if you have every witnessed, personally experienced, or reported behaviors in which you or another individual was treated unfairly or unequally while you were a student at NWTC?
- Sexual Misconduct - Questions will ask about experiences with sexual misconduct, such as sexual harassment, sexual assault or relationship violence. These experiences could be ones that you witnessed, personally experienced, intervened, and/or reported. Questions asked in this section will be used to inform and improve support, policies, and practices at NWTC.
This is your opportunity to have your voice heard. The survey will take approximately 20 minutes. Your responses are voluntary
and completely confidential
. Information collected during this survey CANNOT link individual responses with participant identity. If you choose to participate in the survey, you may skip any question you are not comfortable answering and may exit the survey at any time.
Incentives for taking the Student Campus Climate Survey
Taking the climate survey is easy and after only 15-20 minutes of your time, you can be entered into a prize drawing. Once you complete the survey, you will be directed to a link that will take you to a completely separate site where you will be asked to provide your name, student ID and preferred email address for entry. Submitting your contact information for the survey incentive is optional and again, not connected to the survey. Contact information must be provided if you wish to be entered into the drawing. Please submit only one entry per person; duplicate entries will be discarded.
How often will we draw?
October 27, 2017
November 17, 2017
November 30, 2017
December 15, 2017
to view the complete schedule with corresponding prizes.
List of Prizes
- One $500 Pre-Paid Gift Card prize
- One $200 Pre-Paid Gift Card prize
- Four $50 Pre-Paid Gift Card prizes
- $10 Gas Card
- NWTC Gear
- NWTC Trinkets
Findings from a self-study will help NWTC identify and validate:
organizational STRENGTHS with respect to climate and experiences
areas in need of IMPROVEMENT from the perspective of different segments of the student body
proposed objectives to be included in College-wide ACTION PLANS
create a BENCHMARK against future campus climate surveys and our ability to foster an environment of inclusion
Download our Sexual Assault Resource Guide (PDF) »
If you have questions about the survey, please contact our Diversity & Inclusion Department via email at Equity@nwtc.edu