June 2, 2020 Update
NWTC's summer semester begins June 5.
While most summer classes will be delivered remotely, some courses are in-person on campus.
Your associate dean or instructor will/has notify you via blackboard or email.
Campus Bookstore, Buzz, Canteen/Commons, Computer Labs, Gym, and the Library are closed.
- Students are required to wear face coverings while on campus.
- Students are required to provide their own face coverings.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required for courses will be provided.
- Physical distancing must be maintained.
- Students must enter through designated entrances.
- Students are only allowed access to the building in which their class is conducted.
- Students must arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of class. Late students will need to contact the instructor.
- Students must proceed directly to the classroom or lab space and must utilize the restroom in closest proximity. Access is prohibited to any other area or building.
- Students must leave campus immediately following the end of class using the same pathway back to the exit. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be removed at the exit and placed in designated bag for contaminated PPE.
Students may need to bring food and beverages. Vending will be limited. Refrigeration and microwaves will not be available.
Students will need to eat lunch in their classroom, vehicles or outside. Physical distancing must be maintained.
The College is maximizing cleaning capacity and class times, i.e. staggered class times and days.
Face Coverings/PPE/Physical Distancing
- Physical distancing is required. Stay at least 6 feet apart and do not gather in groups.
- Face coverings are required for all students when on campus except eating, drinking, or using the restroom.
- When Face coverings are removed, they should be removed without touching eyes, mouth, and nose.
- Wash hands each time mask is touched or adjusted, put on or removed.
- Cloth face coverings should be washed daily, ideally using a washing machine.
- Students will complete the initial screening and the daily screening using Blackboard.
- Only items required to fully participate in class and a cell phone may be brought to class.
- Food or beverages needed while on campus can be brought. No refrigeration, microwaves, or vending will be available. Students may need to eat lunch in their vehicles or outside. Physical distancing must be maintained.
These protocols are subject to change based on guidance from COVID-19 authoritative sources.