1. WHY DOES NWTC AND SOME OTHER WISCONSIN GOVERNMENT AGENCIES OFFER BUSINESS FIRMS FREE ACCESS TO BIDDING OPPORTUNITIES (THROUGH WWW.ONVIA.COM/WAPP )?
The Wisconsin Association of Public Purchasers (WAPP) wanted to develop one centralized website where all business firms could go to receive FREE notification of bid opportunities and solicitations offered from public agencies in Wisconsin. This service includes Wisconsin units of government such as cities, counties, local school districts, technical colleges, etc. that have elected to participate in the program.
2. WHAT ONLINE SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE TO BUSINESS FIRMS?
3. IS THERE A CHARGE TO BUSINESS FIRMS FOR THIS SERVICE?
- Access to multiple Wisconsin agency bid solicitations from one website.
- Business firms can self-register for desired solicitations.
- Automated notification of solicitation opportunities 24/7 to your desktop.
- Agency solicitations and information can be downloaded from the website.
4. HOW DO I KNOW WHICH WISCONSIN AGENCIES ARE MEMBERS AND ALSO PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROGRAM?
- There is NO CHARGE for business firms to access online bid solicitations issued by NWTC and other participating Wisconsin public agencies (members of WAPP).
- The service is FREE to business firms that wish to do business with public agencies that are members of WAPP and participate in the program.
- DemandStar/Onvia also offers additional services, such as notification and/or daily email alerts of bid solicitations from other government agencies in the state (that are not WAPP members), regionally or nationally. Varying levels of subscription rates apply for such additional services.
That information is available on the website: www.onvia.com/WAPP.
5. HOW DO I REGISTER TO RECEIVE NOTIFICATION OF SOLICITATIONS FOR BIDS AND PROPOSALS?
Registration can be completed by visiting a public agency's website that is participating in this program, or by visiting Onvia’s registration web page at www.onvia.com/WAPP.
6. WHAT IF A BUSINESS FIRM DOES NOT HAVE A COMPUTER TO REGISTER AND ACCEPT BIDS?
Several options are available for the small number of business firms who are not on-line capable. Contact Onvia for assistance with registering for notices to be sent via fax.
7. CAN MY BUSINESS REGISTER SOLELY FOR SOLICITATIONS FROM A SINGLE PUBLIC PURCHASING ENTITY?
Yes. During the registration process, identify the specific institution and you will receive solicitations only from that agency.
8. WHERE CAN I RECEIVE MORE INFORMATION?
For more information or to get help with registering, contact:
Supplier Services 509 Olive Way 4th Floor
Seattle, WA 98101
Toll free: (800) 711-1712