Once you are hired at NWTC, an official copy of your educational transcripts and any related occupational license must be provided. You will be granted NWTC Initial Assurance and provided a professional development plan that must be completed.
The license types are:
NWTC Initial Assurance
- Applies to full and part-time instructional staff teaching credit bearing courses.
- Requires that you complete the required professional development outlined in a professional development plan which meets the requirements of the Faculty Quality Assurance System .
- The required professional development includes the following:
- On-Boarding Program
- Teaching Methods
- A Day in the Life of Student Services (Student Services Overview)
- Educational Evaluation
- Living Inclusively (Diversity Training)
- On Course Workshop (Student Success Training)
- Course Construction
- Data and Evidence Analysis Training
- All Professional Development must be complete within 3 years for Full-time Faculty and 5 years for Part-time Faculty.
NWTC Assured Instructor
- Applies to all full and part-time instructional staff teaching credit bearing courses.
- Requires that you have completed all of the professional development outlined under the NWTC Initial Assurance professional development plan.
- Requires that you complete further development within the areas of
- Subject Matter Excellence
- Instructional Excellence
- Student Success
- Your professional development goals should be planned with your Associate Dean or Dean within your evaluation.