What do I do when I receive an alert from the Accommodation Services?
- Read the entire email and reply to the options on the email for testing accommodations.
- If the student is receiving a note taking accommodation; please assist in looking for a note taker for the class or provide notes to the student.
- Please have the potential note taker stop by our office to fill out the paperwork.
What is a "testing accommodation"?
- Student will get extended time for the tests/quizzes.
- The student has to take the test in the Accommodation Services office in order to receive the extended time.
- Taking the test in the Accommodation Services test area will reduce the distraction of the classroom setting.
What is a "note taking accommodation"?
- Student is to receive notes from either one of their peers from the class or from the instructor.
- Note takers will be paid for their notes.
How do I know if the notes I am providing is sufficient?
- Please discuss the notes with the student. If he/she still thinks that he/she needs more, please assist with locating a note taker.
- Please call the Accommodation Services office with any questions or concerns. There may be unique situations for certain classes.
What kinds of equipment will be used in the classroom?
- Assistive listening device such as FM.
- Digital tape recorder.
- Adjustable chair and/or table.
- These are just a few examples. Other equipment may be used depending upon the student's needs.
Do my videos need to be accessible? If so, who do I contact?
- Yes, all videos must be accessible to all students including students with disabilities.
- Please contact Accommodation Services staff to have your videos captioned if you are planning to show the videos in your class.
- We encourage you to have any videos you are planning to show in your classes captioned even if you do not have any students with disabilities. Doing so will promote a Universal Design to your classes and utilizes additional learning tools which can be beneficial to all learners.
- Please contact Virginia Gutierrez (920) 498-7963, regarding closed captioning a video.
What do I do if I suspect that it may be beneficial for a student to use the Accommodation Services?
- Please encourage him/her to see one of the case managers. However, ultimately, it is his/her responsibility to contact our office and meet with one of the case managers.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Communication Strategies .
Office Hours: (Please call for summer hours).
Monday through Thursday: 8:00am until 7:00pm
Friday: 8:00am until 5:00pm
Phone: (920) 498-6904