The purpose of New Student Registration is to help you learn what it means to be a successful student, to help you become aware of the services available to you at NWTC, and to give you the tools you need to register for your first semester of courses.
Sessions are offered online and in-person. Watch your NWTC student email for your personal invitation:
For programs starting in June or September, invitations go out in early April. For programs starting in January, invitations go out in early October.
Visit our registration webpage for the most up to date schedule.
Can't attend any of the in-person sessions?
Starting on Friday, April 27, 2015 an online session will be available to complete. Go to www.nwtc.edu, navigate to the Quick
Links toolbar at the top of the page, and select Blackboard from the
options. Sign into your account using the same username and password as your
- Click the New Student Registration link within the "My Organizations section
- All class materials and skills checks are to be completed prior to enrolling in classes. “Holds” will be placed on new students' accounts preventing them from enrolling in classes
until this mandatory requirement is complete. The “hold” will be lifted
24-48 hours after completion verification has been received. To have the hold removed earlier, please
contact admissions at 920-498-7159 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in taking classes prior to your program start date, please contact your academic advisor to discuss your options at 920-498-5444.
Overview of a New Student Registration session:
- Get to know NWTC
- Learn how to take charge of your education
- Overview of applying for financial aid and maintaining eligibility
- Ways to fund your education
- Learn about the resources we have available (Tutoring, Support Services, Veterans' Services, Counseling, etc)
- What is Starfish?
- College 101
Register for classes
Learn about and get ready for Welcome Week
Welcome Week is required for all students new to a program. Attendance is required for one day (unless otherwise specified). Each session includes:
Blackboard / my.NWTC portal information
Study Skills / Time Management
Utilizing the NWTC Library
Free Food, Cash Prizes, and much more!
For a list of dates for the Welcome Week Sessions, please see the NWTC Website HERE!