Skip Ribbon Commands Skip to main content
NWTC Logo   Link to Home Page

 Financial Aid

Financial Aid helps students in financial need cover the cost of attending NWTC. Financial Aid staff work to make sure no students are denied an education because they can't afford to attend the College.

Important Updates:


NEW for Summer/Fall 2014 Disbursement and Refund Information


Federal Direct Subsidized Loan Limit

Effective July 1, 2013, a first-time borrower is allowed to receive Federal Direct Subsidized loans (if eligible) for up to 150% of the published length of the program of study. You are a first -time borrower if you have no outstanding Federal Direct Stafford Loan balance as of July 1, 2013. For a 2-year associate's degree program, the maximum period of subsidized loan elgibility is 3 years. Read more on the 150% Federal Direct Subsidized Loan Time Limit


Help Desk Software


 Financial Aid is available through loans, grants, and work study employment. Financial Aid Staff also provide information
on other types of financial assistance.

Apply for financial aid as soon as possible

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available in mid-January for the next school year.

How to apply

Visit the FAFSA government web site at to FILL OUT THE FAFSA ON-LINE.

When to apply

After January 1 each year. Students may apply for aid before they are accepted into a degree or diploma program.
However, a financial aid award cannot be completed until a student is accepted into an eligible degree program.

You must apply for Financial Aid every school year.

Stop in SC240 anytime for assistance!

To qualify for federal or state aid programs

  • Show financial need (determined by the FAFSA)
  • Have a high school diploma or a Certificate of General Educational Development (GED® Certificate),
    or pass an
    Ability-To-Benefit test approved by the U.S. Dept. of Education
  • Be accepted into a degree or diploma program
  • Be enrolled in at least 6 credits of program classes
  • Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen
  • Be a Wisconsin resident (for state funds)
  • Have a valid social security number
  • Be registered with the Selective Service if required to do so
  • Maintain satisfactory progress, as defined by the College

For more information, call (920) 498-5444, or (888) 385-6982.