Skip Ribbon Commands Skip to main content
NWTC Logo   Link to Home Page

 Veterans' Educational Benefits

Veterans who wish to use their Veteran Educational Benefits must complete the required forms each semester and submit the necessary paperwork. 

Federal Veteran Affairs

Information on the Post 9/11 GI Bill can be found at the Federal Department of Veterans Affairs Website.

Federal Department of Veterans Affairs Toll Free Number:  1-888-442-4551


 When to Apply for Veterans' Educational Benefits

Those students applying for Chapter 30 (Active Duty), Chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation), Chapter 1606 (Selected Reserve), Chapter 1607 (Reserve Educational Assistance Program), Chapter 33 (Post 9/11 GI Bill), or Chapter 35 (Survivors' and Dependents) should apply for their Veterans' Education Benefits at the same time they apply for admission to a program. Contact your unit's education officer for information on Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine, Coast Guard or Reserve Tuition Assistance (TA).

Who To Contact

Veterans should contact their County Veterans Office for information and assistance in applying for the State of Wisconsin GI Bill or the Wisconsin Retraining Grant. Important information regarding changes to the Wisconsin GI Bill and the relationship between state and federal benefits can be found at  

Wisconsin National Guard  members should contact their units Education Specialist for information and paperwork for the Wisconsin National Guard Tuition Grant or call the Wisconsin Army National Guard Education Office at (800) 292-9464, option #4.

Transfer of Military Credit

Soldiers, reservists, veterans and members of the Army National Guard who wish to have their military training and education evaluated for college credit should order a transcript from the Army/ACE Registry Transcripting System (AARTS).

Sailors, Marines and veterans should order a transcript from the Sailor/Marine/ACE Registry Transcript (SMART).

Veterans Called into Active Service

A 100% refund of all tuition and fees may be available to students who are called into active service in the armed forces of the United States or who are requested to work for the federal government during a national emergency or a limited national emergency. These students will also receive priority readmission.


Questions regarding veterans advanced pay, satisfactory progress, etc. can be directed to NWTC's Veterans Coordinator at (920) 498-5444 or 1-888-385-6982.