If you wish to review or to obtain general understanding of a subject, you could request enrollment in a class as an auditing student.
As an auditor, you may attend classes, receive a grade of audit (AU), and are not required to take examinations. Audited classes are not considered part of a credit load and cannot be used to satisfy prerequisites or graduation requirements or applied toward financial aid benefits.
You may audit most levels of classes (Associate Degree, Technical Diploma, or Vocational) at the College. Exceptions include:
- Community Service (600 level)
- Designated open-entry, self-paced or online classes which include codes (TCA) Technical College of the Air, (NET) Online, or (SP) Self Paced.
The College reserves the right to determine certain classes as inappropriate for audit and/or limit the number of auditing students per class.
If a request for class audit has been denied and you are dissatisfied with the denial, or if a class has been designated as inappropriate for audit, you may request an explanation from the Vice-President of Services for Students.
If an additional review is required, you will have the option to follow the Grievance Procedure steps as identified in the Student Handbook.
You may not change from audit to credit status or from credit to audit status at any time after enrollment.
Audit Form: pdf or Word
- Prior to class start, you complete a Request to Audit Form. You do not register for class at this time.
- Return form to Welcome Center, SC240, or email to email@example.com
- Audit requests will be placed on a separate waitlist on a first-come, first-serve basis until the first week of class.
- Based on space availability, auditor will be slotted into classes during the first week of class.
- You will be notified that space is available and the registration process must be completed.
- Payment is due at time of registration. All class fees apply.
- Audit fees are due at the time of registration.
- Wisconsin Statute 38.24 (4m) provides a program fee exemption* if the following requirements are met:
- You are age 60 or older on the day the class starts or first date of attendance, whichever is later.
- You are a resident of Wisconsin or covered under a reciprocity agreement with another state.
- Space is available in the class.
*Exemption is for the program fee portion of class tuition. You are responsible for material, activity and other miscellaneous class fees.
For more information, contact an Enrollment Specialist at 920-498-5647 or 920-498-5703.