Gifts to the NWTC Fund allow the Educational Foundation to meet immediate student and program needs. Contributions fund initiatives that support student success, the College's top priority.
Your gift is vital to ensuring students are provided access to higher education opportunities that lead to high wage and high demand occupations.
Highlights made possible by donations to the NWTC Fund:
- 240 at-risk students have received Student Emergency Funding to remove obstacles that would have kept them from attending school.
- Supported the Financial Wellness Center that provides financial counseling and education so students can learn about budgeting and smart borrowing tactics, allowing them to better manage their personal finances, stay out of poverty, and adequately provide for themselves and their families.
- Funding for 437 low-income students for high school equivalency testing since 2006.
- Supported a Veterans Resource Center where student veterans can study together, socialize, and decompress between classes; and also have access to a broad range of resources that will contribute to their educational success.
- $10,000 - Helping Rebuild the Gulf Coast: Twenty-one Architectural Technology program students spent their 2007 spring break in Gulf Port, Miss., rebuilding homes devastated by Hurricane Katrina.
- $2,988 – Hybrid Initiative: Automotive program students repaired a 2001 Toyota Prius. The funding also supported an Alternative Fuels course that exposes students to energy conversion and safe work ethics when working with hybrid technology.
- $1,410 – Madison Area Respiratory Therapy Symposium/Student Conference: Respiratory Therapist students had the chance to interact with and learn from practitioners and physicians.
- $1,700 – Education Without Borders Conference: A Supply Chain Management student, Candee Wisniewski, was the only U.S. community college student selected to attend this conference held in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
If your department has a need you would like to discuss, contact Crystal Harrison
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College
Educational Foundation, Inc.
P.O. Box 19042 Green Bay, WI 54307-9042
920-498-5541 or 1-800-422-NWTC, Ext. 5541
or email to: email@example.com