Nine weeks of intensive training will help you develop skills for leading a group of exercisers. Students passing this course will receive a national group exercise certification and skill set for employment in private and public fitness centers.
- Taught in 8 weeks with the National Exam held on the 9th week
- Lecture will cover essentials of group exercise history, music, choreography, safety techniques, and basic applied science specifically relating to group exercise cardiovascular, muscular, and flexibility health.
- Practical labs will expand into skill development for functional training, sports conditioning, circuit, boot camp, dance, step, kick-boxing, hi-low, aqua, indoor cycling, and equipment-based class techniques.
- A mind and body class overview in yoga and Pilates will cap it off so you can incorporate this knowledge into sections of your traditional formats.
- Class includes 16 hours of lecture and 16 hours of practical training, plus a 30-hour internship.
Dates: Tuesdays and Thursdays, March 11 - May 8, 2014
Times: 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Cost: $750 plus required textbook (Textbook cost including tax/shipping/handling is $81.97. E-book cost is $42. Students may order through WITS at 888-330-9487 or www.witseducation.com.)
Students must register for BOTH of the following classes:
Class #: 25305 AND 25304
Contact Christine Schillinger at 920-498-6876 or email@example.com
This class is offered through a partnership between NWTC and WITS (World Instructor Training Schools).