Let NWTC's Corporate Training & Economic Development team help you meet your workforce training challenges.
What type(s) of workforce training would help meet your business challenges?
Workforce Advancement Training (WAT) Grants are focused on improving
the occupational skills of your employees. These grants are available to
the technical college districts, as directed by statute, and NWTC can
partner with your company (or multiple companies) to submit WAT Grant
Who can benefit from WAT Grants?
Grants are available for small and large businesses and are designed
to be used to upgrade the skills and productivity of employees of
established businesses operating in Northeast Wisconsin, with the
broader objective of supporting regional workforce and economic
What kind of training can be requested?
WAT Grants are focused on improving occupational skills. In addition
to very specific job-related skills, such as welding, electrical
maintenance, and customer relations, WAT Grants have covered more
general topics, such as:
- Quality Improvement
- Supervision and Leadership
- Team Work
- Problem Solving
- Computer Skills
- Manufacturing Core Skills
- Occupational Health and Safety
- and other training topics
How do I learn more about WAT Grants for my business?
Simply send an email with the subject of WAT GRANT to email@example.com and answer the following questions in the body of the email:
- Name of your company and main contact
- Type of business (manufacturer, health, customer service, etc.)
- Number of employees or annual revenue amount (required to determine the category of WAT Grant - small or large business)
- What is your primary training needs/challenge?
- How can this training improve your business?
Companies chosen to partner with Northeast Wisconsin Technical
College will not receive training funds unless their competitive grant
application is approved by the Wisconsin Technical College System grant