Imagine a career in which you're the best part of someone's day every day. As a licensed massage therapist, you make people feel better through your skills and expertise.
Start your career in less than a year!
New! Therapeutic Massage certificate
Classes start Summer 2014 on the Green Bay campus.
In this 20-credit, entry-level training program, you’ll gain a comprehensive understanding of the human body and a high degree of professional technical skill with an emphasis on personal and professional development, increased self-awareness and sensitivity.
Career opportunities for licensed massage therapists exist in sports clinics, salons, spas, wellness or other health care centers, or as an entrepreneur.
Is Therapeutic Massage right for you?
Whether you're interested in becoming a licensed massage therapist, or you're an existing health care professional looking to enhance your range of clinical skills and knowledge, Therapeutic Massage could be the perfect fit! Successful students may also have the following characteristics:
- Desire to help people
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to self promote
- Good physical stamina
- Good communication skills
- Interest in business management
- Ability to create a relaxing environment
- New state-of-the-art classrooms and treatment rooms
- Classes scheduled just 1-2 days a week (no surprises, no required weekends)
- On-site clinical rotations
- National exam preparation
- Options to continue education, such as the Wellness and Health Promotion, Physical Therapist, and Nursing associate degrees.
Contact the NWTC Health Sciences Department: 920-498-5513, 800-422-6982, ext. 5513; firstname.lastname@example.org.