Skip Ribbon Commands Skip to main content
NWTC Logo   Link to Home Page

 Transferring to the UW System


Your NWTC credits can give you a head start 
on a bachelor's degree in the UW System

Students who wish to continue their education in the University of Wisconsin System may be eligible to transfer credits toward a bachelor's degree in several ways.

  • The one-year General Studies Transfer Certificate can help you qualify for sophomore status at UW-Green Bay (view certificate) and UW-Oshkosh (view certificate).
  • You may be able to transfer up to 21 credits of General Education courses
  • You may receive credit for certain scores on national standardized tests (e.g., College Level Examination Program) or tests developed by the UW institution.
  • Some UW System schools provide graduates of certain NWTC programs credit toward related bachelor's degree programs.
  • Students may have individual courses evaluated for transferability by UW System staff.

Get current WTCS-to-UW transfer information

The Transfer Information System (TIS) http://www. provides information online to help students make more informed transfer decisions. It is designed for students and staff in the UW and WTCS systems.

Information in the TIS is provided by the colleges and represents official information. Although it is intended to be current and accurate, it is not a substitute for formal admission or transfer procedures. Course transfer information may vary based on specific majors or programs. Contact the admissions counselor at a specific institution to verify information.