Are you passionate about child care and education? Turn that passion into a rewarding career in about two years or less with our Early Childhood Education (ECE and Paraeducator (PARA) associate degree programs and short-term certificates.
More than 52 full- and part-time jobs available for every ECE grad; and nearly 20 full- and part-time jobs available for every IA grad. (Program-related job openings, full- and part-time, posted by employers in the Wisconsin TechConnect job search database from 7/1/2012 to 6/30/2013.)
Our grads get careers. In fact, 100 percent of our 2013 ECE grads were employed within six months of graduation; with 86 percent of those grads employed in a program-related field.
Learn more. Do more.
One powerful way ECE and IA students get ready for their careers is by doing.
- Through service-learning, students impact the community while gaining academic credit and hands-on experience.
- Study abroad opportunities enable students to fulfill practicum requirements while expanding their horizons.
- Students also help with community wellness and safety fairs held on the Green Bay campus.
Flexibility and Access
- ECE degree grads can complete certificates to maintain their credentials and move up on The Registry. This will also assist in increasing the YoungStar rating of the students’ child care employers.
- Two grants are enabling the ECE program to assist in growing children’s literacy and increasing access to ECE classes.
- A group of Hispanic students are enhancing their child care knowledge by taking ECE courses on Sunday mornings throughout the year.