A steamfitter installs, services and repairs pipes and equipment that must withstand high pressure for the distribution of steam or other types of pressure producers. This includes installation of wet heating systems, refrigeration and air conditioning in residential, commercial and industrial buildings. A steamfitter must be a skilled welder and pipefitter with knowledge of the principles of heating, cooling and all temperature controls.
Qualifications for Apprenticeship
- Education: High school graduates or HSED (submit copy)
- Age: 18 or high school graduate at 17, no maximum
- Test: Reading and Math specific to the trade; Assessment math and reading tests/NWTC; Algebra exam/MCA office
- License: Valid driver's license (submit copy)
- Completed application
Length of Contract
- 5 years of not less than 8,600 hours
- On-the-job training (OJT) - 8,100 hours of work with a skilled craftsperson
as per Exhibit "A"
- Paid-Related Instruction (Day School) - 540 hours and successful completion of class material
- Non-Paid Related Instruction (Night School) - 300 hours (80% attendance
of each class to receive credit)
- Apprenticeship Administrative Assistant
- (920) 498-5682 - (800) 422-NWTC, ext 5682 - email Jeanne