NWTC honored for making diversity and inclusion come to life within its organization.
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College received the People, Possibilities, and Progress Diversity Award from New North, Inc. at the New North Summit, held December 8, 2008 in Appleton, Wis. This second-annual award recognizes a company for its outstanding commitment to being a diversity-supportive organization and for its contributions to making the New North an attractive and inviting place to live and work.
“We are extremely grateful for this recognition of our commitment to embracing and engaging people from all walks of life,” said NWTC President Dr. H. Jeffrey Rafn. “As a college, we feel we have a responsibility to lead by example by engaging very diverse cultures in our region into a strong and vibrant community.
The award selection process evaluated both private and public organizations, located within the New North’s 18-county region, on five different levels of diversity criteria:
- Management practices and behaviors support diversity.
- Company values and culture are in alignment with being a diversity-supportive organization.
- Marketing practices target diverse customer segments appropriately and demonstrate an understanding of and sensitivity to these segments.
- Vendor selection practices open up opportunities for diverse suppliers to participate.
- Community leadership focuses on fostering a welcoming environment for the organization’s diverse employee base.
About the New North
New North, Inc. is a consortium of business, economic development, chambers of commerce, workforce development, civic, non-profit, and education leaders in 18 counties of Northeast Wisconsin who are working to be recognized as competitive for job growth while maintaining a superior quality of life. For more information, go to www.thenewnorth.com.