Northeast Wisconsin Technical College has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for our web sites: www.nwtc.edu, my.nwtc.edu, online.nwtc.edu, joborders.nwtc.edu, intranet.nwtc.edu and webmail.nwtc.edu.
Our site's registration form requires users to give us contact information (like their name and email address), unique identifiers (like their social security number), financial information (like their account or credit card numbers), and demographic information (like their zip code, age, or income level). We use customer contact information from the registration form to send the user information about our college. The customer's contact information is also used to contact the visitor when necessary. Financial information that is collected is used to bill the user for classes and services that have been requested. Demographic, profile data, and unique identifiers (such as social security numbers) are collected for serving our users and state reporting purposes only.
This site contains links to other sites. Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
This site may make chat rooms, forums, and/or discussion boards available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
Google Analytics web site reporting Service
NWTC uses Google Analytics remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on a website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future. If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in the future you can opt out using the DoubleClick opt-out page or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
Contacting the Web Site team
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact: The NWTC Web Team, Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, 2740 W. Mason St., P.O. Box 19042, Green Bay, WI 54307-9042.
Web Site Accessibility
NWTC is committed to ensuring accessibility of its Web site for people with disabilities. If you have questions or comments regarding our web site accessibility, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-422-6982, Ext. 6825.
FERPA – Federal Government
Access to a Northeast Wisconsin Technical College student’s educational record is governed by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) and in conjunction with the Wisconsin Technical College System and Wisconsin Statutes.
FERPA is a law which protects the educational records of students. A student’s official educational records are all paper and electronic records kept about the student which relate to being a student. Under FERPA, students have the right to access or deny access to their records. In compliance with these laws, the College annually notifies students of their rights regarding student information.
A student’s official education record is confidential and shall not be released to anyone except the student (Under FERPA, parents are third parties, with no rights to the record.) Except under the following conditions:
- A Release of Student Records form duly signed by the student or a parent/legal guardian, is received and on file with the Northeast Wisconsin Technical College Student Records Department. This form can be obtained at any NWTC campus or regional center in the registration office.
- A request for specific information is received from a court or in compliance with judicial order pursuant to any lawfully issued subpoena. Only the specific information will be provided.
- Request from NWTC Technical College faculty and staff with a legitimate need to know.
- Request from representatives of agencies or organizations from which the student is receiving financial aid.
- Request from officials of other postsecondary educational institutions to which the student has applied for admission.
- Under FERPA, as long as the student fits the category of "seeks or intends to enroll" at another institution (34 CFR Part 99.31(a)(4) and 99.34), you can provide any information you want from the education records to that next college. There's no difference under FERPA whether the information is the current ongoing progress or a final semester grade. If your college includes in its notice of FERPA rights that it will provide records to a succeeding school, you don't have to check with the student before forwarding the records.
- Request from other persons or agencies specifically exempted from the prior consent requirement by the Act. This includes certain federal and state officials of the District accrediting agencies, etc.
Students do have the right to inspect their education records. The process to do so is:
After inspection, the student has the right to request the amendment of student education records that the student feels are inaccurate or misleading. They should write the Registrar, clearly identifying the part(s) of the record that they want changed, and specify why they feel the record(s) is inaccurate or misleading.
If Northeast Wisconsin Technical College decides not to amend the record as requested, the College will notify the student of the decision and advise the student of his or her right to a hearing regarding the request for amendment.
For more information about FERPA, contact
Mark Franks, Registrar at (920) 498-6269 or (800) 422-NWTC, ext. 6269
Public Records and Directory Information
However, anyone can request what is termed “directory information”. Each institution defines what they consider to be directory and non-directory information. The student also has the right to withhold any directory information that they wish from any third party by filling out a Privacy Request Form. Please consider carefully the consequences of any decision made to withhold directory information, as any future requests for such information from non-institutional persons or organizations such as prospective colleges and employers will be refused. NWTC will honor an individual’s request to withhold directory information until removed by the person, but cannot assume responsibility to contact a student for subsequent permission to release information.
Directory Information Public record released to any inquiry (for non-commercial use)
- Student’s Name
- Current mailing address, telephone number and email address
- Participation in officially recognized activities
- Date of birth and place of birth
- Major field of study
- Full-time or part-time enrollment status
- Dates of attendance
- Degrees and awards received
- Date(s) of degree(s)
- Most recent, previous educational institution attended by student (includes high school)